fredag 28. november 2008

Sandhya Yoga Meditation

Sandhya Yoga Meditation is a yoga practice of centering into the heart, or core of being. It is part of the Anavopaya, or Kriya Yoga, of Trika Shaivism, ment to bring the sadhaka to the stage of Shaktopaya, or Jnana Yoga.

Anavopaya means the means of the sadhaka living in the state of duality. Here the sadhaka experience that he or she is different from the surroundings, identifying with the momentary and dual aspects of existence. "I am Mr. So-andso", "I am of this-or-that age", "I am wealthy", "I am poor", and so on.

In this state the sadhaka identifies his or her I-consciousness, or I-feeling, with the phenomena of his surroundings (wether internal, like thoughts, emotions and sensations, or external, like body, family and country). The sadhaka is not aware of his or her essencial state of being, which is experienced as the state of pure I-consciousness, or I-feeling.

But to experience, and with time getting rooted in the pure state of I-consciousness, needs some practical guidance for the forgetful. Because the loss of connection with I-consciousness is a process of forgetting, and the means of reconnecting is a process of re-discovering, or remembering.

When one reconnects with ones I-feeling one does not gain anything - a new knowledge or a new realization - because the I-cosnciousness is always there, shining within us. But it is not remembered and experienced.

By the grace of Swami Lakshmanjoo the science and the means of the path of self-rememberance is reveiled to the world, and the practice of Sandhya Yoga Sadhana made available to all.

(From Visarganath's notebooks 2006)

Ingen kommentarer: